We are delighted to invite you to contribute and participate to the 8th edition of the International Symposium on Molecular Aspects of Catalysis by Sulfides (MACS) to be held in Cabourg, Normandy (France), an elegant seaside resort on the coast of the English Channel, on 19-23 May 2019.
The 8th MACS symposium will gather PhD students, early-carrier and senior researchers, from academia and industry from all of over the world to address the most recent scientific and technological advances in the field.
Transition metal sulfides are the workhorses of hydrotreating processes. The improvement of their performances, through R&D programs carried out by academia and industry, are key to the development of clean, low-sulfur or sulfur-free fuels. Closely related catalytic systems, such as transition metal nitrides and phosphides also show remarkable features and are worth of interest. Catalysis by transition metal sulfides go far beyond hydrotreating catalysis and are expected to play a key role for other applications such as hydrogen elution and photocatalysis.
This 8th edition of MACS will feature breakthrough discoveries, technological challenges, and state-of-the art of academic and industrial researches about :
• Advance method of preparation of bulk and supported sulfide, phosphide and nitride
• Fine characterization of industrial and model sulfide, phosphide, nitride catalysts
• Catalytic activity, selectivity of sulfide, phosphide, nitride in conventional petrochemistry reactions
• Regeneration, reactivation of spent sulfide, phosphide, nitride catalysts
• Electrocatalysis and photocatalysis by sulfides
• New applications of sulfide, phosphide, nitride catalysts
MACS’2019 will take place at Thalazur Hotel, a modern and relaxing establishment, along the stretch of fine sandy beachfront of Cabourg.
We look forward to hosting you in Cabourg in May 2019 and encourage you to make the most of this event by contributing to this meeting !
More informations on Macs2019