The Carnot Institute Energy and Propulsion Systems (ESP) is a winner among 29 Carnot institutes selected in the proposal call « Carnot 3 » launched by the government in November 2015 and whose results were announced by Thierry Mandon, State Secretary of Higher Education and Research, July 6, 2016.
Association of seven research laboratories and R & D recognized both for their scientific qualifications and for their important experimental means, the Institute Carnot Energy and Propulsion Systems (ESP) focuses its activities on the development of energy production and transportation systems, and systems more efficient propulsion and environmentally friendly.
The Carnot label, obtained in 2006 and renewed in 2016, reflecting both the scientific quality of its teams and its commitment to putting research partnership serving companies in the heart of its strategy.
Are you a company ?
The staff of the Institut Carnot ESP is mobilized daily to provide a suitable response, quality and confidence in your R & D needs.
His teams are accredited Research Tax Credit (CIR), which allows french companies to benefit from the related tax benefits.
The seven laboratories[checklist]
- two joint research units (UMR) associated with the CNRS, the University and INSA Rouen: CORIA and Materials Physics Group (GPM)
- two joint research units (UMR) associated with the CNRS, the University of Caen and the National School of Caen Engineer (ENSICAEN): the Laboratory for Catalysis and Spectsrochemistry (LCS) and Crismat,
- two Regional Centers for Innovation and Technology Transfer (CRITT): CERTAM and CEVAA, Institute a certified Search Technology Resource Center (CRT)
- Home Team: IRSEEM.[/checklist]
The ESP Carnot institute offers integrated expertise that derives its wealth of complementarity and interdisciplinarity of its laboratories.[checklist]
- Mechanics of reactive fluids
- Materials Science
- board electronics
- scientific instrumentation, laser metrology
- Petrochemical, bioressources
- Environmental engineering, Cleanup [/checklist]
What does the LCS at the Institut Carnot?
The Laboratory for Catalysis and Spectsrochemistry (LCS-UMR6506), A + rated by HCERES, prepares and studies of solid catalysts for applications in the field of environment and sustainable development. The LCS has built its reputation on operando spectroscopy of the catalyst, i.e. the observation of the material in the chemical reactor in real time during the reaction. With a strong cluster in infrared spectroscopy as well as NMR and Raman spectroscopy, LCS has a unique place in the areas of automotive pollution (exhaust catalysts) of energy production (refining, biofuels) and bioresources. Research in the LCS revolve around two axes based on the great skills of the laboratory: Operando, spectroscopy for understanding catalysis surfaces for the environment; ZEOLITES, preparation of advanced porous materials applications. These two complementary approaches led the LCS to develop unique know-how of industrial interest.